Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to for fresh articles!
Training for your first AJC Peachtree Road Race or looking to improve your 10K finish time? Look no further than the In-Training for Peachtree 10K training program. The 12-week training program, organized by Atlanta Track Club, is a great way for novice and intermediate participants to train for Peachtree in a fun and supportive group setting. The weekly training sessions take place on Saturday mornings at various locations throughout the metro Atlanta area, so register for the location that works best for you!
Note: This training program does not include guaranteed entry into the 2015 AJC Peachtree Road Race.
Registration for the 2015 In-Training for Peachtree 10K training program is available within the AJC Peachtree Road Race registration process which will open to members on March 1, 2015 and March 15, 2015 for non-members.
If you decide to join In-Training for Peachtree after completing your AJC Peachtree Road Race registration or after the lottery simply click here.
Specific Training Session Dates
- Training Registration opens on March 1st and closes two weeks after the start of the program on April 25th
- Kick Off Event- April 11-12, 2015- (2 hour introductory training session at each of the Saturday training locations, specific times TBD)
- Saturday Mornings, 7:30 AM at Specialty Running Store Partners: - April 18, 2015- June 20, 2015
- Mid-Week Workouts- open to all participants
- Wednesday Mornings, 6:00am Piedmont Park - April 29, 2015- July 1, 2015
- Thursday Evenings, 6:30pm Riverside Park- April 30, 2015- July 2, 2015
- Course Run- June 27, 2015
- Race Day- July 4, 2015
Locations - Choose the location that works for you!
- WEST - Big Peach Running Co, 1625 Ridenour Boulevard, Kennesaw, GA 30152
- NORTH - Big Peach Running Co, 5530 Windward Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30004
- BUCKHEAD– WestStride, 3517 Northside Pkwy Nw, Atlanta, GA 30327
- MIDTOWN - Phidippides: 1544 Piedmont Ave Ne, Atlanta, GA 30324
- EAST - Big Peach Running Co, 114 E Trinity Pl, Decatur, GA 30030
- NORTHEAST - Big Peach Running Co, 320 Town Center Ave., Suwanee, GA 30024
Curriculum and Benefits
- 12- week training program with weekly pace group runs and training sessions with hydration/fuel station support
- Kick-off event: Introductory training session, meet the coaching staff for your site, shoe fitting, etc.
- Training Program Extras:
- Mid-Week Workouts with head coaches
- Speed, Hill and Core Classes
- RunSafer.com workshop
- Training log with directions to customize your workout to meet your goals
- Mid-week group runs led by specialty run stores
- Short Sleeve Mizuno Performance Shirt
- Discounts on Mizuno apparel at running store partners
- $55.00 - Training Only
- $130.00 - VIP Training, includes Mizuno running shoes (valued of $120.00 or less. Participant responsible for the price difference if selecting shoes above this price point)
- $90 Training plus race entry
- $165.00 - VIP Training + Race Entry, includes Mizuno shoes (valued at $120.00 or less. Participant responsible for the price difference if selecting shoes above this price point)
VIP Shoe Voucher: you will receive a voucher post registration to redeem your Mizuno shoes at the Specialty Running Store you select as your training location: Stop by to be fitted for new Mizuno shoes and view Mizuno’s spring line.