The Start Wave Process
Start wave assignments for the 2013 AJC Peachtree Road Race are performance based. All participants are encouraged to submit a finish time from a previous race (within the last two years) during registration.
Start waves will be assigned to participants based on the time submitted at registration. Participants will find out their start wave when they receive their number in the mail or race number confirmation email in mid-June.
View the time standards for each start wave below:
Those who do not submit a finish time during registration will randomly be place in one of the last start waves.
Start Wave Placement Details
Below are rules and guidelines for the start wave assignments:
- Participants wishing to be placed in the appropriate start wave will need to submit their finish time from the 2011 or 2012 Peachtree or any other USATF certified race - 10K, 5K, 5M/8K, 15K, 10M or 13.1M- at the time of registration. Times for top seed times must have been run on or after January 1, 2012. Times for sub seed times as well as all other start waves must have been run on or after January 1, 2011.
- Participants need to provide the race name, date and net finish time (chip time) at the time of registration.
- Participants who do not submit a time during registration will be randomly placed in one of the last start waves.
- Times will not be accepted or changed after registration has been submitted.
- The Atlanta Track Club will verify submitted times. If times cannot be verified, participants will be randomly placed in one of the last start waves.
- Start times for each wave will be published late spring 2013.