The Start Wave Process
Start wave assignments for the 2015 AJC Peachtree Road Race are performance based. All participants are encouraged to submit a finish time from a previous race (within the last two years) during registration.
Start waves will be assigned to participants based on the time submitted at registration. Participants will find out their start wave when they receive their number in the mail or race number confirmation email in mid-June.
View the time standards and start times for each start wave from previous years below:
Start wave standards are used as a guideline each year to determine wave placement. Start wave standards are determined based off the range of qualifying times that were submitted during registration. During the verification and assignment process, it may be necessary to adjust the standards from the previous year in order to accommodate the range of qualifying times that are submitted and the volume of runners within the physical space allotted.
Start Wave Placement Details
Below are rules and guidelines for the start wave assignments:
- Participants wishing to be placed in the appropriate start wave will need to submit their finish time from the 2013 or 2014 Peachtree or any other USATF certified race - 10K, 5K, 5M/8K, 15K, 10M or 13.1M- at the time of registration. Times for top seed times must have been run on or after January 1, 2014. Times for sub seed times as well as all other start waves must have been run on or after January 1, 2013. To check if your qualifying race is USATF certified, search here. If it is not certified, you will be randomly placed in one of the last start waves.
- Participants need to provide the race name, date and net finish time (chip time) at the time of registration. Your name must match exactly what is listed in the race results or else your time will not be verified.
- Participants who do not submit a time during registration will be randomly placed in one of the last start waves.
- Times will not be accepted or changed after registration has been submitted.
- The Atlanta Track Club will verify submitted times. If times cannot be verified or the time submitted is not from a USATF certified race, participants will be randomly placed in one of the last start waves.